Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Stimulus Package a Sham

It is time for me to weigh in on the stimulus package. As of today it appears the package has now neared $900 billion dollars and filled with so much pork loaded up by our Democrats. Democrats and Republicans boasted how they were going to change, and all they are doing is setting up failure for our future generations. The current package will spend money we do not have and we need to curtail it and stop giving money to large greed corporations!



If I was in US Congress I would push more efforts onto targeting the mortgage industry and help people on the verge of foreclosures. Adjust the mortgages to allow people to stay in their homes and find a way to reassess homes due to the decline in property value so mortgages can be renegotiated.



Secondly I would drop the $2 billion dollar for clean coal plants. Clean coal is an oxymoron and we should invest this money into our infrastructure such as mass transit and also into alternative energy solutions.



Third, NO TAX CUTS for greedy corporations. They got us into this mess, and it is time to stop rewarding bad business practices. We also need to remove the $1.6 billion dollar tax cut for Verizon! This is to be used for bringing Internet to the rural area, but why don't these companies use their own money, not the taxpayer? After all they will benefit from the growth, not the taxpayer.



And finally, give the American Taxpayer immediate relief by cutting taxes and ensuring all Americans have medical coverage at no cost. There are 43 million people today with out health care coverage, including myself, and it is totally unacceptable to continue to allow this in the greatest country in the world! There is much more that needs to be eliminated, but these items I listed I would target immediately!



I spoke about making changes by voting Green Party in 2008, and I did get 11, 000 votes. If we could hold an election today, I am sure this number would be greater. It is my will to continue voicing my concerns and stay on top of the issues that effect the everyday citizens. I will be running again in 2010, but to do this, I must have volunteers and financial support as well. If you can help, please pass this onto your friends, and to volunteer, send me an email back to your commitment. If you can click here: Online Donations Accepted.



I want to be your Congressman in 2010, but until then I will run with the banner to keep our Congressional leaders honest! Let's make change happen!

Rodger Jennings

www.rodgerjennings.org
www.metroeastgreenparty.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home