Monday, February 19, 2007

Corporate Corruption In Our Society

I have been sitting quietly reading editorials, sound off, and talk back columns in regards to the Ameren electrical rates. Frankly, I blame the Democrats and Republicans for this complete mess with the rates, but Ameren has it share of blame as well. Rates should have never been frozen for ten years. I am not employed by any utility nor do I like to pay for higher rates, but I could have better afforded it gradually instead of a 300% rate increase in which I had this month! Yes, 300% for an all electric home.

I sent email to voice my concern with Senator Haine and Rep. Baiser, but guess what, I was ever contacted. I can only assume since I told them both I held them and their fellow politicians responsible, that I struck a nerve. And now that the media has exposed the contributions they got from Ameren. It is important to recognize that corporations dominate our political system which is the root of many of our society and economic problems. Corporations corrupt the political system by making such donations to our politicians. Corporations have forced many families to poverish conditions, raising prices, polluting our environment, and out sourcing to other countries for cheap labor.

It is time for the American people to take note of all this corporate corruption to our society and environment. We must send a message to all levels of government, local, regional, state, and federal, NO MORE! It is time for citizens to change how we run the government, and the only way is to get involved.

I invite everyone 16 years old and up to join our cause and come to the Madison County Green Party meeting on Tuesday night, February 27 at 7 PM at the Religious Center of SIUE. I am working to help make some significant changes and the Green Party is just the party to help bring the government back to the people. Stand up and stop corporate domination in our society, and bring the control back to the people, for the people, and by the people! Feel free to call me at 1-866-752-3540, leave me a message and I will contact you personally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home