Friday, January 05, 2007

Political Orphans

Are you a political orphan? I once was, but find a new direction to fill the void. But before I explain the new direction let me define to you what political orphan is. Have you been let down by your political party’s guidance? Is your political party taken a stance of violence instead of diplomacy? Is our party known for its power because of the social and monetary support it receives from corporations? Is your party known for taken personal responsibility of mistakes or problems?

Well the questions are only a few you need to ask yourself. I myself have become so disheartened by how the two major political parties run our country and even local politics. As US citizen, we all have rights to vote any way we feel, and in 2006, I decided enough was enough. The majority of my life I voted Republican, but never voted a straight ticket. But I am now changing my views on the political scene. In doing so, I have become a member of the Green Party of Illinois. Before going off on a tizzy, you need to understand party’s ten key values which you can find on their web site at www.ilgp.org. It is time for this area, and the country to begin taking steps to turn our society around and bring the government back to the people, all of the people. Many people associate the Green Party with Ralph Nader, but the party is not about Ralph Nader, it is about you, the American citizen! The key values of the party is what really made me sit up and pay attention to this party, so now it is time for me to issue my first challenge to the fine citizens of Madison County.

I was approached by the co-chairman of the Illinois Green Party to assist in organizing the party in Madison County, which I have agreed to. I have held a brief meeting with a few people in late December and are moving forward soon to hold a public meeting. I urge you to take the challenge and at least research and come to some meetings to see what this is all about. If you are interested, please send me an email to RWJ4green@sbcglobal.net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home