Wednesday, December 20, 2006

December 20, 2006

Happy Holidays everyone. I am trying very hard to be sensitive to every one's prospective of the season. I respect every one's right in how they celebrate the season.

As we approach the end of 2006, I wonder how many people reflect on the past year. Many make New Years Resolutions and wonder how many succeed. My person opinion is many people set unrealistic goals at the new year and set themselves up for failures. That is why I never have a New Years Resolution. I do set goals and review them periodically, but I make them attainable.

Every since I was a teenager, I have set goals, short range, medium range, and long term. For example short range goal today is helping in setting up meetings to organize a Green Party delegation in Madison County. Medium range is to enter the political arena in the next 2 to 3 years. And my long term goal which I set in place when I was 12 years old, was I am going to live to be 100 or more. Now that may be a challenge, but I am up for that. With today's medical technology, it is a very attainable goal. And to help get there, I am at my doctor's office every six months and get a physical every year. So many men do not do this, and could live longer if they would do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home