Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Thank You Alton Police Department

I was impressed today with the Alton Police Department. I had written to them about an incident that occurred at one of my rental properties. It seemed they may have caused some damage to the door of the apartment, and I wanted to express my concerns on the way they knock on doors and how they treat innocent people. In this case, they really scared the tenant and has threaten to move, but that is not my major issue, it was the dimples they left on the door.

Well this afternoon I received a call from the APD, asking how to resolve this issue. My only response was to please refrain from knocking on doors with instruments other than their hands. I was not trying to get anything free from them. I only wanted a policy reinforced with their police force. Many landlords would take this to the point of wanting a new door, I just want the respect from the police and know that I respect them as well.

Thank you so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home